1. Try to have food by sitting on the floor. To be harsh, Dont eat while sitting on the bed, where you spent the whole night sleeping.
2. It also means, that you should not walk or stand while having meals.
3. Can't you have a plate for yours, instead of eating in a common plate. To be precise, eat in your own plates.
4. Do not attend, "buffet" meal, NOR THROW a party.
(btw, There are very good Scientific Explanations for all these.)
5. First and foremoest whatever we eat should be offered to the god as ' Naivedyam' then only we can/should offer it to guests and finally we should eat. I am not sure how many of us remember what is 'Naivedyam'.
6. While on tour, Always try atleast to have meals
a. Only with like minded people
b. Only with at minded people's house
c. Only in canteen run by like minded people
To be precise : Eat Only in places where you are comfortable performing your nithya karma (Nithya vidhi).
Ok, Why all of a sudden this post. Fine, If not @ early 30's then when is my question. Why do we need to eat @ hotels, when we have nice people @home to cook and serve us nice and clean food.
I stopped going to 3* hotels or 5* hotels or TopStar “Veg & Non-Veg” Hotel. Its just that their vegetarian is not “Pure” Vegetarian.
On tour, Its really tough to find a clean/neat/good “Only Veg” restaurant in all parts of the places, but it easy to find such places if you are inclined to eat only in such “Good/Pure Veg” Hotels.
I hope my last and final “Buffet” is already over (Official Annual Meet).